As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.
Everyone gets hit with this malady. Sometimes the blahs is triggered by something you wanted which didn’t happen. Maybe you didn’t get the job you recently applied for. Or the project idea you were passionate about didn’t get chosen. Or you recently lost your job. Or the guy of your dreams rejected you. Or you had a huge falling out with your parents. All very real situations which happen to normal peeps…me included. Nothing going my way? Cue me crawling back into my cave for some extended netflix viewing (or snoozing) under warm blankets and chocolate mud cake for dinner. Then you spiral into more lacklustre days and nothing continues to happen. Even though you want that new job, to meet a new guy or to make up with your folks. Keep it up for too long and you may fall into something difficult to rise out of. Let’s not go there!
Here’s the thing, folks. Energy can sometimes stagnate. Want to make something happen? You need to make energy move. How do you that? Any way possible. My favourites are below:
- Go for a brisk walk. Get outdoors and head for your nearest park. Breathe in the clean fresh air.
- Go for a jog. Not a run, as if you’re in a race. A nice steady pace. Make it meditative and zone out.
- Put on some loud, boppy music and bust a move. Get your kids (if you have any) involved. Close your eyes and get lost in the shimmy. Pretend you’re the only one in the room.
- Stretch out. My pick? Do a yoga class, but any kind of resistance exercise will do to. Get your muscles thinking they’re alive again. Does wonders to the circulation.
- Go for a swim in the ocean. Wash your auric field and get rid of the energetic debris with salt water. If you’re nowhere near a beach, either rub yourself down with Himalayan sea salt before a shower or have a bath with dissolved Epsom salts.
- Do something you’ve never done before. Abseiling, canyoning, tree climbing, surfing, whatever will get your heart racing.
Yes, it feels like getting out of bed to get to the front door may be already too much effort. But if you want the exciting stuff to start happening in your life, you gotta start mixing it up and get the energy flowing again. Let’s face it….a simple, brisk walk is a no-brainer. In fact, I’m about to step out for one now.
Have a great weekend, folks!